Serving Raleigh, Durham, Cary and surrounding areas
Photo: The NCNPS sign at the Native Plant demonstration garden at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds in Raleigh. Every October volunteers from the Reid (Triangle) Chapter man this garden during the State Fair.
Reid Garden is located at 1439 Dixie Trail (SW corner of Dixie Trail and Lewis Farm Rd.) in Raleigh.
Monthly nature walk, usually on Sunday, during the school year. Meet at the Reid Garden to carpool at 1:00 p.m. Or contact either Margaret or Amy for directions and meeting time for specific sites.
Monthly workdays at the Margaret Reid Wild Flower Garden in Raleigh - 2nd Saturdays September through June, 9 AM-Noon. See Activities section below for more information.
Second Saturdays of the month are work days at the Margaret Reid Wild Flower Garden, 1439 Dixie Trail, Raleigh, 9:00 am to noon
Learn about landscaping with native plants, enjoy the company of other enthusiasts, and help maintain this jewel of a native plant garden.
Reid Garden Directions
The Reid Garden, 1439 Dixie Trail, Raleigh, is located at the corner of Lewis Farm Road and Dixie Trail, about 3 blocks north of Wade Avenue on Dixie Trail. Turn west onto Lewis Farm Rd from Dixie Trail. The driveway entrance is on the south side of Lewis Farm Road, a few feet from the stop sign
- Haw River - Southwest of US 64 Bridge (November 05, 2012)
- Flower Hill Nature Preserve - 2013 (May 05, 2013)
- Allen DeHart Botanical Garden (November 03, 2013)
- Horseshoe Farm Nature Preserve (February 03, 2014)
- 2011 Conservation Garden Tour (May 14, 2011)
- Wake Forest Wildflower Walk (May 29, 2011)
- Prairie Ridge (September 28, 2008)
- Harrelson Tract Workday (September 07, 2008)
- Walk in Regency Park Area, Cary (February 20, 2005)
- Winter Walk to Mason’s Farm (January 16, 2005)
- Juniper Springs (November 06, 2005)
- Penny’s Bend and Harrelson Tract (October 02, 2005)
- Hemlock Bluffs (March 21, 2005)
back to top