If you are interested in one of the positions, send an email to Bettina and tell us what skills you have and why you would be suited for the position.
- Act as spokesperson for the organization.
- Preside over board meetings and work with the Secretary to develop the agenda
- Report annually to the membership
- Monitor progress of board members and committee chair activities between board meetings.
- Member of Finance Committee, back up for Treasurer
- Work with the Board to fill vacancies on the Board and appoint committee chairs as needed.
- Stand in for president in his/her absence.
- Serve as parliamentarian at all meetings of the Board of Directors.
- May serve as a committee chair as appropriate.
- Support the creation and startup of new chapters.
Directors at Large:
- Serve as chairs of committees.
- Serve the Society in the area of their expertise
- Provide support to the officers and committee chairs at major Society events.
- Monitor new and renewal memberships received online or by mail.
- Supervise automatic electronic membership renewal reminders. (Requires good computer skills)
- Annually mail membership renewal reminders to those with no email address via USPS.
- Submit a membership report including the number of members, renewals, and other information at each Board meeting.
- Maintain the inventory of membership brochures & distribute them to chapters. Revise and print as needed.