plant-banner1

Our History

Formed in 1951 as the NC Wild Flower Preservation Society, 2004 marked the change to our current name. As a result of this modification, our name now more closely reflects our purpose to promote enjoyment and conservation of North Carolina's native plants and their habitats through education, protection, propagation, and advocacy. We aim to fulfill our purpose through our various programs and activities.